Frequently Asked Questions
What is Muscle Activation Therapy?
Muscle activation sounds weird. Who is using it?
Muscle activation therapy has moved from an exclusive premium injury recovery and prevention service for the elite, to an affordable premium product for rehabilitation and performance improvement for everyday people and athletes. Give it a try!
How do you know which muscles are causing instability and need to be activated?
Why do muscles become inactive or shutdown?
Many things can contribute to muscle shut down. Sports, day to day recreational activities, too strenuous activities, trauma, and what we eat are just some of the many things that can cause muscles to stop firing or become dormant.
Is muscle activation a long process?
How can Chiropractic adjustments help me?
What is a chiropractic adjustment?
Are there any side affects of chiropractic adjustments?
Can a chiropractor prescribe medication?
- Muscle Activation Therapy (MAT), to activate dormant or miss-firing muscles. This creates stability and relieves muscles that have been over worked due to compensating for inactive muscles.
- Adjustments, increase range of motion and realign joints.
- Soft-tissue therapy, to release tension in the fascia (connective tissue surrounding muscles), relax tight muscles, and relieve spasms.
- Exercises and stretches, to bring back and maintain range of motion and joint mobility.
- Joint bracing and taping, helps muscles as they heal by providing support to sprains in the muscles and joints.
Do chiropractors only treat the neck and back?
Can chiropractic care reduce headaches?
Is cracking your own neck and back bad?
Your stiff neck is caused by a restricted joint, which causes its neighboring joints to work harder in compensating for its non-movement. The compensating joints must move beyond their normal and natural range of motion. Cracking your neck forces them to move even more. Eventually, ligaments that support the spine can stretch, leading to further problems and instability.
Any Other Questions?
Contact us to get your answers